POPLARVILLE, Miss. — Pearl River Community College has finalized its ticketing and gameday policies for the 2020 football season.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, MACCC schools have been forced to make adjustments ahead of the shortened 2020 season to adhere to state and local guidelines.
The biggest change this year will impact attendance as Gov. Tate Reeves' executive order will limit capacity inside historic Dobie Holden Stadium to 25 percent.
PRCC is only offering an extremely limited number of advance tickets in 2020; no walk-up tickets will be available on game nights.
Fans can purchase general admission tickets for $10 by stopping by the business office, located on the first floor of the Ted J. Alexander Administration Building. Tickets will go on sale the Monday of game week (Sept. 28, Oct. 12, and Nov. 2).
Students, faculty and staff can pick up their free ticket — while supplies last — by stopping by the Great Hall in Crosby Hall between 8 a.m. and noon on Tuesdays of game week (Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Nov. 3). Students, faculty and staff are required to show their PRCC identification card.
Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets quickly as capacity is extremely limited this season.
Each opposing team is allotted 160 tickets. Visiting fans must purchase their tickets through their respective school's athletics department. The visitor's section has been moved to the northern most section of Dobie Holden Stadium's home stands for the 2020 season.
Tickets will not be available for purchase online or over the phone.
- Due to COVID regulations and ongoing dorm construction north of Dobie Holden Stadium, fans are asked to enter through the main entrance beyond the south end zone.
- Grab-and-go food will be available at the home-side concession stand.
- Fans are asked to follow all local and state guidelines, including social distancing, and are required to wear a mask inside the stadium.
- Fans are encouraged to take advantage of hand sanitizing stations that are setup throughout the stadium.
- Parking will be available in the Marvin R. White Coliseum parking lot, located next to the Spirit of the River Marching Band practice field, and the adjacent lot.
- Handicap parking and drop-off is available next to the football fieldhouse.
- The parking lots located on the north and east ends of the stadium — traditionally used for visitor parking — will be closed to the public.
The Wildcats will play six Mississippi Association of Community Colleges Conference South Division games, opening at home Oct. 1 against rival Mississippi Gulf Coast. PRCC's other two home games are Oct. 15 against East Central and Nov. 5 against Southwest.
All home games will kickoff at 7 p.m.
Road contests include trips to Copiah-Lincoln (Oct. 8), Jones College (Oct. 29) and Hinds (Nov. 12).
STREAMING + RADIO
PRCCMedia.com will once again be the digital home for Pearl River Wildcat Athletics in 2020-21. All football games will be livestreamed in addition to being carried on WRJW 1320 AM and WRJWRadio.com.
Carey Meitzler will return as the play-by-play voice of the Wildcats for both the stream and radio. He'll be joined once again by Barry Harper as the color analyst. Jacob Hickman will provide insight from the sidelines.